Sunday, December 16, 2018

Reporting in from Hong Kong - Dec 16, 2018

I went back to the HMV store in The Forest mall, Mongkok, only to discover it was in the process of closing it's doors.  No more Tomicas to be found.   Around the corner in the Moko mall, I found a store called CD Warehouse.  Can't believe that stores that sell CDs and DVDs still survive in this day and age.  But I digress, they have a small selection of basic Tomicas and TLVs.  Not cheap though, There basic cars range from 40 HKD to 46 HKD.

In other news, I finally managed to make it down to Tai Yuen St. near Wan Chai MTR station in Hong Kong.  Amidst all the clothing and christmas decorations, I managed to find four toy stores on this street.  Of those four, there are two stores that carry a decent diecast inventory.   Hung Hing Toys definitely had the biggest diecast collection I've seen so far in Hong Kong.  One can literally spend hours here checking out all the display cases with their vintage wares.   As I was in a bit of a rush, I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to here.   Newer basic Tomicas can be found for $25 and $30 HKD.

I picked this up on the way out.  It's number 34 The Mitsubishi Delica D5.   Scale is 1/65.  Nice feature is that both side doors open.   The price I paid was $18 HKD or about $3 CDN or $2.30 USD.


I'll definitely try to get back to Tai Yuen St to grab some more Tomicas maybe next week.   Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment