Friday, November 9, 2018

Latest Acquisitions - Fri Nov 9, 2018

I'll be spending a couple of months in the Hong Kong area.   While I'm here I'm hoping to add some more Tomicas to my small collection.

I heard about this gian Toys R Us store in Hong Kong at the Tsim Sha Tsui Harbour City mall. 
The Toys R Us in Tsim Sha Tsui is the flagship store so they carry a lot of exclusive and promo diecast that the other Toys R Us stores in Hong Kong don't have.   They had some Tomica Event Models on display and for sale.  I decided to go down and check it out.


I saw this display over the regular Tomica shelves.  Some of these Exclusive cars are already sold out.


They only have a limited selection.  To buy one the Tomica Event cars, you have to take one of the tickets at the store entrance and then take it to the customer service desk to redeem the coupon for the car.   The Tomica Event cars are being sold at $60 HKD which makes it under $8 USD or $10 CAD each.



I thought the Suzuki Carry Pig truck was pretty cool, so I bought that and the Toyota Prius model.


They also have some Toys R Us exclusive Tomicas also at $60 HKD.  I might go back and take another look one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment